Welcome to March! Can you believe it we are almost 1/4 of the way through the year, where has the time gone?
This months blog we wanted to discuss the difference between a Travel Agency which specializes in Destination Weddings versus the Travel Agency who claims to "specialize" in Cruises, Travel, Corporate Travel so why not throw Destination Weddings in there too, right?
As you know your Wedding day is one of the most important days of yours and your significant others lives, so when it comes to the planning of this big day you should know how to hire/what questions to ask these "Destination Wedding Specialists" you will be working with to make sure your day is as perfect as you imagined it to be and that they will be able to assist you throughout the process.
Jane and John were recently engaged on New Years Eve and they had always spoken and dreamed about having a Destination Wedding one day especially since most of their families lived abroad.
The first thing Jane did during her wedding planning process was to go on to the internet and search "Destination Wedding Specialists, Canada" (this is where they live), up popped a list of Travel Agencies based all over Canada so she decided to start calling..........
Jane - "Hi there this is Jane I was wondering if your travel agency specialized in Destination Weddings?".......
Agency- "Yes we specialize in Destination Weddings, how can we help............?"
This is the crucial stage where you need to be well informed and prepared to ask as many questions to this agency to make sure they are appropriate and experienced enough to handle your Destination Wedding.
Your prepared questions that you will ask this Agent should look a little like this:
- How many Destination Weddings have you booked yourself this year?
- What is the average amount your Destination Wedding guests pay per person? (this will determine what kind of groups they work with e.g. high end, boutique, low costs etc)
- Do you charge any fees? if so what are they?
- Were you a Destination Wedding Bride yourself?
- Have you attended a Destination Wedding?
- What do your services include? (does the agent; prepare a Save the Date invite, manage the RSVP's, booking of the actual wedding date)
- Do you have any experience with the actual process of planning the wedding (e.g. dealing with the resort wedding coordinator, understanding the wedding packages)
- Can you give me any advise throughout the planning process to help me save money with the wedding packages?
- Have you visited this resort that we are looking at? or have you visited the area where we are looking at having our Wedding?
- In your experience what "should" a Destination Wedding cost per person for our guests at a 4.5 - 5 star All Inclusive resort in the "Mayan Riviera" (wherever you are choosing to go) for 7 nights in "November?" (whichever month you are considering)
- If we were to have 50 guests/adults attend our wedding, what is the "average" cost for the wedding package at a resort? (this will gauge whether this agent has any idea of the planning process).
- What do you offer that sets you apart from other agencies, specializing in Destination Weddings?
- What Makes you a Destination Wedding Specialist?
At Pose Destination Weddings + Travel we do not portray that we are a specialist at everything as we believe that defeats the purpose of being a "specialist".
We pride ourselves on being Destination Wedding experts! We keep up to date with all of the wedding trends happening, we know how to save you and your guests money throughout the entire wedding planning process, we also assist you with the planning of the wedding, if it is required.
The owner of Pose Destination Weddings + Travel was a Destination Wedding bride herself so she knows all of the tricks of the trade when it comes to the planning and she is more than happy to share her knowledge with other brides and grooms.
Please choose carefully when making your decision as it is your big day and unless you ask these travel professionals the important questions at the beginning you will not know what they truly have to offer.
Any travel agency can "pose" to be a "Destination Wedding Specialist" but the most important question you have to remember is......
"WHAT MAKES YOU A DESTINATION WEDDING SPECIALIST?"
Just because it is advertised on their door / business card it doesn't necessarily mean it is the truth!
Is a McDonald's Big Mac combo a "nutritious meal?", you tell us.
Happy planning and remember it should be a stress free procedure if you hire the rightprofessional.